COLONEL CHRISTOPHER M. DUNLAP
Colonel Chris Dunlap is the Commander of the 165th Airlift Wing, Savannah Air Guard Base, Georgia. Colonel Dunlap began his Air Force career as an enlisted crew chief on active duty and then transferred to the Indiana Air National Guard. He completed his undergraduate degree in business at Indiana State University and was commissioned through the Academy of Military Science, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Tennessee. He went on to serve in the Pennsylvania and the Georgia Air National Guard as a navigator and a pilot. He remains qualified as a command pilot, having flown the KC135, B-1, the E-8 aircraft and C-130H. He has held leadership positions in the wing, state, and at the National Guard Bureau, encompassing a 23-year span. He has commanded and flown numerous combat missions in support of Operation IRAQI FREEDOM, Operation ENDURING FREEDOM, Operation NEW DAWN, Operation ODYSSEY DAWN, and Operation UNIFIED PROTECTOR.
1993 Bachelor of Science, Business Marketing, Indiana State University
2002 Squadron Officer School, Correspondence
2007 Air Command and Staff College, Correspondence
2013 Air War College, Correspondence
2018 Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2018 Master of Strategic Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2018 Leadership in Homeland Security, Harvard Kennedy School, Cambridge, Mass.
1. November 1987–November 1989, T-37 Crew Chief, Reece AFB, Texas
2. November 1989–November 1993, F-4E, F-16A Crew Chief, 122 Fighter Wing, Fort Wayne Air National Guard Station, Ind.
3. November 1993–October 1995, KC-135E Navigator, 171 Air Refueling Wing, Pittsburgh International Airport, Pa.
4. October 1995–August 1999, B-1B Weapon Systems Officer, 116 Bomb Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
5. August 1999–June 2001, B-1B Pilot, 116 BW, Robins AFB, Ga.
6. June 2001–August 2009, E-8C Chief Standardization/Evaluation, 116 Air Control Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
7. August 2009–August 2010, Manned ISR Branch Chief, NGB/A2, Andrews AFB,Md.
8. August 2010–June 2011, Deputy Commander of Training, 116 Operations Group, Robins AFB, Ga.
9. June 2011–December 2012, Director of Operations, 116 Operations Support Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
10. December 2012–May 2015, Commander 128 Airborne Command and Control Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
11. May 2015–June 2017, Deputy Commander, 116 OG, Robins AFB, Ga.
12. June 2018–January 2019, Director of Staff, Georgia Air National Guard, Joint Force Headquarters, Clay National Guard Center, Ga.
13. January 2019–August 2019, Vice Commander, 116 ACW, Robins AFB, Ga.
14. September 2019--Present, Commander, 165th AW, Savannah, Ga.
Rating: navigator and command pilot
Special Qualification: evaluator and instructor pilot
Flight Hours: more than 4,200
Aircraft Flown: T-43, T-37, T-38, KC-135E, KC-135R, B-1B, E-8C, C-130H
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal, with oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with eight oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal Global War on Terrorism
Expeditionary Medal Global War on Terrorism
Service Medal Nuclear Deterrence Operations Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon
Air Force Longevity Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Training Ribbon with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Feb. 17, 1994
First Lieutenant June 9, 1996
Captain May 7, 1999
Major May 18, 2003
Lt Col Dec. 14, 2008
Colonel June 22, 2018
(Current as of September 2019)