CMSgt Francisco M. Ramirez is the Chief Enlisted Manager of the 165th Operations Group, 165th Airlift Wing (AW), Georgia Air National Guard, Savannah, Georgia. He is an Instructor and Evaluator Flight Engineer in the C-130H.
CMSgt Francisco M. Ramirez entered the Air Force in July 1985 upon graduation from Herschel V. Jenkins High School, Savannah Ga. Following graduation, he attended Basic Military Training at Lackland AFB, San Antonio Texas graduating in November 1985. He then proceeded to Chanute AFB, Rantoul, Illinois where he attended the Aircraft Fuel System Mechanic Course graduating in February 1986. His first operational assignment was with the 165th Consolidated Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Savannah International Airport, Savannah Ga. In August 1987 he volunteered to become a C-130H Flight Engineer with the 165th Tactical Airlift Group. He completed C-130H Basic Flight Engineer School in August 1988 being reassigned to the 158th Tactical Airlift Squadron. CMSgt Ramirez was selected to attend C-130H Instructor Flight Engineer School in June 1992, upon completion of this course he was reassigned to the 158th Airlift Squadron. In July 2004 he was reassigned to the 165th Operation Support Squadron as the Flight Engineer Superintendent. In February 2018, CMSgt Ramirez was selected to become the 165th Operations Group Chief Enlisted Manager. In this assignment CMSgt Ramirez supports Airman assigned to four squadrons from two major Commands, Air Mobility Command (AMC) and Air Combat Command (ACC). He continues to maintain his mission readiness status as a fully qualified C-130H Flight Engineer.
CMSgt Ramirez has deployed in support of Operations DESERT SHIELD/ STORM, SOUTHERN WATCH, PROVIDE PROMISE, JOINT FORGE, RESTORE DEMOCRACY, NOBLE EAGLE, IRAQI FREEDOM and ENDURING FREEDOM. CMSgt Ramirez currently lives in Savannah, Georgia with his wife, Sandy. In the civilian sector, CMSgt Ramirez is a volunteer firefighter with Chatham Emergency Services.
1994 Noncommissioned Officer Academy,
1997 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
1997 Senior Leaders Awareness Course, Savannah Ga
1997 Associates Degree, General Studies, Central Texas College
1998 Associates Degree, Aviation Operations, Air University, Maxwell AFB Al.
2000 Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance, Air University, Maxwell AFB Al.
2010 Bachelor of Arts, Homeland Security, American Military University
2010 Chiefs Executive Course, Andrews AFB Md.
2015 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk Va.
1. July 1985– August 1987, Aircraft Fuel System Mechanic, 165th Consolidated Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Savannah Ga.
2. August 1987 – June 1988, Student Flight Engineer, C-130, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark.
3. June 1988 – January 1993, Flight Engineer C-130H, 158th Tactical Airlift Squadron, Savannah Ga.
4. April 1993- May 1993, Flight Engineer C-130H, 4404th Composite Wing, Dhahran Saudi Arabia.
5. October 1993- November 1993, Flight Engineer C-130H, Rhein-Main AB Germany.
6. March 2003- July 2003, Flight Engineer, 321st Aerospace Expeditionary Wing, Massari AB Oman.
7. Sept 2003 – December 2003, Flight Engineer, 332nd Aerospace Expeditionary Wing, Tali AB Iraq
8. April 2005 – July 2005, Flight Engineer, 774th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, Karshi-Khanabad AB Uzbekistan
9. April 2009 – July 2009, Flight Engineer, 774th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, Bagram AB, Afghanistan
10. Jan 2011- April 2011, Chief Enlisted Manager, 774th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, Bagram AB, Afghanistan
11. April 2011 – February 2018 C-130H Evaluator Flight Engineer, Flight Engineer Superintendent, 165th
Operational Support Squadron, Savannah Ga.
12. February 2018– August 2019, Operations Group Chief Enlisted Manager, 165th Operations Group, Savannah Ga.
13. August 2019 to present, Command Chief, 165th Airlift Wing, Savannah Ga.
Rating: Chief Enlisted Aircrew
Flight hours: more than 7500 hours, including over 700 combat hours
Aircraft flown: C-130E/H
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Army Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant, January 2010
(Current as of October 2019)