Chief Francisco M. Ramirez is the Command Chief Master Sgt. of the 165th Airlift Wing, Georgia Air National Guard located at the Savannah-Hilton Head International Airport in Savannah, Georgia. He is the senior non-commissioned officer responsible for the 1,400-person organization, which supports Air Mobility Command’s worldwide airlift mission, operating C-130 Hercules III aircraft. As the command chief master sergeant, he is responsible for advising the commander on mission effectiveness, professional development, military readiness, training, utilization and the health, morale and welfare of personnel from the 165th AW and three geographically separated units including the 224th Joint Communications Support Squadron, 117th Air Control Squadron and the 165th Air Support Operations Squadron.
Chief Francisco M. Ramirez entered the Air Force in July 1985 upon graduation from Herschel V. Jenkins High School, Savannah Ga. Following graduation, he attended Basic Military Training at Lackland AFB, San Antonio Texas graduating in November 1985. He proceeded to Chanute AFB, Rantoul, Illinois where he attended the Aircraft Fuel System Mechanic Course graduating in February 1986. His first operational assignment was with the 165th Consolidated Aircraft Maintenance Squadron. In August 1987 he volunteered to become a C-130H Flight Engineer with the 165th Tactical Airlift Group. He completed C-130H Basic Flight Engineer School in August 1988 being reassigned to the 158th Tactical Airlift Squadron. Chief Ramirez was selected to attend C-130H Instructor Flight Engineer School in June 1992, upon completion of this course he was reassigned to the 158th Airlift Squadron. In July 2004, he was reassigned to the 165th Operation Support Squadron as the Flight Engineer Superintendent. In February 2018, Chief Ramirez was selected to become the 165th Operations Group Chief Enlisted Manager. In this assignment Chief Ramirez supports Airman assigned to four squadrons from two major Commands, Air Mobility Command (AMC) and Air Combat Command (ACC). He continues to maintain his mission readiness status as a fully qualified C-130H Flight Engineer even in his current position.
Chief Ramirez has deployed in support of Operations Desert Shield/ Storm, Southern Watch, Provide Promise, Joint Forge, Restore Democracy, Noble Eagle, Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom. In the civilian sector, Chief Ramirez is a volunteer firefighter with Chatham Emergency Services. Prior to his current position, he was a flight engineer Instructor and evaluator for the C-130 Hercules III aircraft.
1994 Noncommissioned Officer Academy,
1997 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
1997 Senior Leaders Awareness Course, Savannah Ga
1997 Associates Degree, General Studies, Central Texas College
1998 Associates Degree, Aviation Operations, Air University, Maxwell AFB Al.
2000 Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance, Air University, Maxwell AFB Al.
2010 Bachelor of Arts, Homeland Security, American Military University
2010 Chiefs Executive Course, Andrews AFB Md.
2015 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk Va.
1. July 1985– August 1987, Aircraft Fuel System Mechanic, 165th Consolidated Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Savannah Ga.
2. August 1987 – June 1988, Student Flight Engineer, C-130, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark.
3. June 1988 – January 1993, Flight Engineer C-130H, 158th Tactical Airlift Squadron, Savannah Ga.
4. April 1993- May 1993, Flight Engineer C-130H, 4404th Composite Wing, Dhahran Saudi Arabia.
5. October 1993- November 1993, Flight Engineer C-130H, Rhein-Main AB Germany.
6. March 2003- July 2003, Flight Engineer, 321st Aerospace Expeditionary Wing, Massari AB Oman.
7. Sept 2003 – December 2003, Flight Engineer, 332nd Aerospace Expeditionary Wing, Tali AB Iraq
8. April 2005 – July 2005, Flight Engineer, 774th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, Karshi-Khanabad AB Uzbekistan
9. April 2009 – July 2009, Flight Engineer, 774th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, Bagram AB, Afghanistan
10. Jan 2011- April 2011, Chief Enlisted Manager, 774th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, Bagram AB, Afghanistan
11. April 2011 – February 2018 C-130H Evaluator Flight Engineer, Flight Engineer Superintendent, 165th
Operational Support Squadron, Savannah Ga.
12. February 2018– August 2019, Operations Group Chief Enlisted Manager, 165th Operations Group, Savannah Ga.
13. August 2019 to present, Command Chief, 165th Airlift Wing, Savannah Ga.
Rating: Chief Enlisted Aircrew
Flight hours: more than 7500 hours, including over 700 combat hours
Aircraft flown: C-130E/H
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Army Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Airman First Class July 28, 1985
Senior Airman, Mar 15, 1987
Staff Sergeant Dec 11, 1990
Technical Sergeant Oct 2, 1993
Master Sergeant Jan 7, 1996
Senior Master Sergeant Oct 24, 2004
Chief Master Sergeant Jan 25, 2010
(Current as of February 2022)