Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
100. Where do I get information on the UFT Selection Board for Fiscal Year 2016?
101. I’ve never heard of the Air National Guard. What exactly are you hiring?
102. Who is eligible to apply?
103. Why can’t I just go the recruiter and sign up for a pilot slot?
104. How long is the training?
105. Do I have to go to Basic Training?
106. Is this a paying job?
107. Do I have to take any standardized tests?
108. What’s a PCSM score?
109. At what rank will I be hired?
110. Are any of these jobs full-time jobs?
111. Can I work beyond the minimum and make the Air Guard my primary source of income?
112. Can I live out of state and commute to Georgia?
113. What’s the age limit to apply?
114. Well I know I'm going to be too old. How do I start the age waiver process?
115. I heard I have to enlist in the Air Guard before I can go to flight school. Is this a trick to trap me in the military?
116. What if I get hired and then find out I am medically or otherwise ineligible for flight training—do I have an obligation to the military?
117. What is my obligation if I am hired?
118. When does my obligation actually start?
119. What if I wash out of flight school? Am I stuck in the military?
120. What will my duties be?
121. Why do you guys hold a hiring board for a job that doesn’t start until more than a year and a half later?
122. Will you pay for my travel to the Selection Board?
123. I submitted my application two months ago and I haven’t heard anything. Why does it take so long to review my application and get back to me?
124. I heard navigators have a different age limit.
125. What’s a Navigator?
126. I heard Navigator jobs are being eliminated.
127. I heard the Air Guard can grant age/Total Federal Commissioned Service waivers. How do I get one?
128. What are the vision requirements?
129. I heard you only hire folks that are already in the unit/have a commercial pilot’s license/have a master’s degree/have a relative in the unit…
130. How much flying will I do?
131. I’m an Army Warrant Officer helicopter pilot. How do I become an Air Force pilot?
132. I'm an Army Warrant Officer. In the Army I can apply for a commission without going to OCS. Warrant Officers by definition have commissions. Are you SURE I have to attend AMS?
133. I'm a Navy/Army/Marine Corps/USCG officer--I don't have to take the AFOQT do I?
134. I’m on Active Duty. Will you guys help me out with Palace Chase so I can go to pilot training?
135. I'm an Air Force/Navy/Marine Corps/Coast Guard fixed-wing military Pilot/Aviator/NFO/RIO/Navigator/CSO/WSO/EWO. How do I join your unit?
999. UFT Disclaimer